Blog Posts List

Friday, December 6, 2013

wandering around on a Sunday afternoon.

in the Haidian District.


The physical size of this city...the amount of space to hold nearly 21 million people...is overwhelming.  It is too much to mentally absorb.  Frustrated by this, I often get lost in the underground labyrinth of the subway system.  It's the easiest way to navigate around the city, and the vastness of it is forgotten while you're literally rubbing shoulders with fellow Beijingers.  With my backpack on and my earbuds blasting my favorite playlist in my ears, I deal with everyday life.  

However, a few weekends ago, I grew tired of this, frustrated not with the city, but with myself.  And so, after my traditional weekend breakfast at Lush, I braved the cold but clear weather and wandered around my district for the rest of the day, encountering some beautiful parks, close-knit neighborhoods, and quiet university campuses.  I grew to love and appreciate this city even more.  

































No comments:

Post a Comment